This information is provided by Bloomfield Grey Ltd and is based on the government’s general advice for home-moving during the coronavirus outbreak, released on 13th May 2020.
We recommend that anybody looking to move reads the government advice in full.
Please make a staff member at Bloomfield Grey aware in advance of a viewing if you or anybody in your household:
- Has had COVID-19.
- Currently has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Is in the high-risk category in relation to COVID-19.
- Ideally a virtual viewing should take place before any physical viewing occurs. This can include a thorough review of a property’s online advert (photos, floorplan, Streetview etc), a pre-recorded video tour or a live virtual viewing.
- The minimum number of people should attend a viewing. We suggest only the decision makers enter the house and that ideally young children do not attend.
- Occupiers should open internal doors and wipe surfaces before a viewing commences.
- Occupiers should provide hand washing facilities with separate towels and all attendees should wash their hands with soap or hand sanitiser at the start of a viewing.
- Where a Bloomfield Grey staff member is required to accompany buyers on a viewing, any occupiers (including vendors) should vacate the house.
- During the viewing, a social two-meter distance should be maintained between all attendees at all times.
- Viewers should not touch any surfaces in the property unless for safety reasons, for example to steady themselves.
- In smaller properties, such as flats, where maintaining a two-meter social distance is difficult, attendees should wear face masks.
- After the viewing, the occupiers must clean surfaces and door handles with standard household cleaning products and towels, which are then disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
- In unoccupied properties, the activities explained in points 3, 4 and 9 will be carried out by a staff member at Bloomfield Grey.